The Blog has moved.


THE BLOG HAS MOVED



Hello and thanks for dropping by. This is the blog of Dan and Adrienne Rowe owners of Rowe Portrait Studios in Oakland City, IN. We use this blog as a place to put our day to day ramblings, small session previews and anything else we can think of. Stop by often as we update it usually several times per week. We also list information regarding promotions and discounts offered by our studio. If you haven't already, check out our main site at
roweportraitstudios.com

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Whales, a surprise wedding, and a lot of fun!!

Adrienne and I are just about to return from Mexico in fact as I write this I'm sitting in the resort lobby missing out on some of the last of the sun. We came down here with Erica, Adrienne's sister and some of Erica's friends. First let me tell you about the whales. I got up early one morning to get some shots of the sun rise. As I'm sitting on the beach taking pictures I heard someone say "there he is." There was a whale swimming right across my field of view only about 200 feet off shore. He or she, who know, was there for about 10 minutes just swimming along. I got some really cool shots of that. As a matter of fact, looking back at some of my pictures, I see that I had some shots of him before I even knew he was there. It was a really cool experience.

Now the wedding...Bridgette and Jim, some of Erica's friends, got engaged while on the trip here and unknown to everyone, Jim had done his research and gotten everything in order to have a wedding. The entire event was put together in 24 hours. I didn't have two of the needed lenses with me to shoot a wedding, but what the hell, we did it anyway. Adrienne did Bridgette's hair and I shot the wedding. The results turned out pretty good and I think Bridgette and Jim will be very happy with the pictures.




1 comment:

Christi said...

Dan,
Awsome photography! You have such an artistic eye! It was a pleasure to meet you and Adrienne and to be one of the "friends" to enjoy Cabo and the suprise wedding. I would love to cruise down and have you do a photo session of my kids this summer.
Christi
(I just lost power - apology if this is a duplicate)