The Blog has moved.


THE BLOG HAS MOVED



Hello and thanks for dropping by. This is the blog of Dan and Adrienne Rowe owners of Rowe Portrait Studios in Oakland City, IN. We use this blog as a place to put our day to day ramblings, small session previews and anything else we can think of. Stop by often as we update it usually several times per week. We also list information regarding promotions and discounts offered by our studio. If you haven't already, check out our main site at
roweportraitstudios.com

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Ok I'm gonna try something. I'll call it Take 2

I saw another photographer/blogger who was doing this and it made me want to try. I'm going to experiment with this for a while and see what I can churn out. Every Monday (well the ones I remember anyway) I'm going to dig through my unused images and try to find one that I over looked the first time. Kind of a diamond in the rough sort of theme. I'll look at it with a fresh perspective and see what I get. I'll post the before (straight out of the camera) version and the after (fresh perspective) version. My hope is that I not only get some cool images that would have otherwise been lost, but that I also keep myself trying new techniques and fresh methods. It's pretty easy to get stuck in a rut when your customers always ask for things similar to what they have seen you produce already. I'm pretty excited and hopefully you all (man I can't believe how many of you there are) will find it pretty interesting.

Ok so Take 2, Take 1:

The first image I've selected is of Emily. She is a beautiful young woman who will be graduating this year. Her mother is a friend of my wife and she sent her daughters to us for one of our very first shoots. This image was taken on the back wall of our house in less than ideal light. At first glance you can see that the lighting is not what I would typically choose for such a beautiful subject like Emily. That is why this image didn't make the cut the first time. I found it the other day as I was doing some browsing of old images. It immediately stood out as one I could make into something pretty cool.


2 comments:

Pdyrholm said...

Very nice effect on this and I would say that it turned into a unique photo that I am sure she would be happy to have.
Not that I want to say that every photo you initially discard can be "saved" in photoshop but sometimes it can give a unique creation.

I like it :-)

Seth Likens said...

Very nicely done.